Importing DNG files into Lightroom loses GPS data

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sozzimodo Junior Member • Posts: 29
Importing DNG files into Lightroom loses GPS data

Hi all

I've been searching on the web for the past few days and can't seem to find an answer, so thought I'd try here.

Basically, I am taking many photos using the native camera app on my Samsung s8 in pro mode (.JPG + DNG). If I view these images in Samsung Gallery or even Google Photos, I can see the GPS data on both the JPG and the DNG...great stuff.

However, I've been a user of Lightroom for over 5 years now, and only started shifting a lot of photography to the smartphone mainly for convenience and the added benefit of features like GPS...however, importing these images into Lightroom CC mobile and desktop do not import the GPS data for the DNG file. The JPG does however contain the GPS information.

Firstly...why? and secondly is there anything I can do about it? i.e. copy GPS data from JPG to DNG using some fancy method within Lightroom. I don't really want to use third party tools unless that is the only way.

Thanks in advance

S.

Sozzimodo's gear list:Sozzimodo's gear list
Sony RX100 V
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow