Wide lens choices, budget conscious

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Agius FOTO
Agius FOTO Senior Member • Posts: 2,324
Wide lens choices, budget conscious

after spending the weekend in Ottawa and feeling somewhat limited with my 25mm lens, I can see the use for a wide-angle lens.

I'm thinking particularly about Interiors, architecture, night landscapes, and perhaps some astrophotography. I also like Starburst effects but not like the fact that I had to stop down so much with my 25mm lens degrading image quality.

So I think right now the best Choice balancing image quality and cost would be the laowa 7.5mm, which is excellent wide open. The next obvious choice is the voigtlander however that one is too expensive although I like the fact I can get a starburst effect at an aperture of f4! I suppose one can be had for$500 used from what I've seen.. I'd like to keep the price under $500 as this would be a limited use lens.

I'm open to comments and suggestions.

-- hide signature --

My flickr account.....in its infancy as of March 2015. Feel free to comment!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130003647@N03/

Agius FOTO's gear list:Agius FOTO's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow