G9 (/GH5) Small Master Flash!?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
Flat view
slartz Senior Member • Posts: 1,986
G9 (/GH5) Small Master Flash!?

So... quick question... I love the little flash that came with my Olympus EM1.2. I don't use it as a "Flash" per se (well - maybe sometimes). But I use it to control my real flash (Nissin i40) as a slave unit for off-camera flash. It's not something I do very frequently, but every once in a while I do.

When I got my GX85, I was happy to discover that after some minor filing, the EM1.2 flash fits the GX85 as well. Apparently it has the connectors to support that flash (it has no batteries so it needs power from the camera). Unfortunately this does not seem to be true for the G9 - I can't get it to work on the G9.

1. Has anybody managed to get it to work on the G9? maybe an adapter for the hotshoe?

2. Otherwise, what would be the SMALLEST flash that can work as MASTER for a Slave flash?

slartz's gear list:slartz's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Panasonic 8-18mm F2.8-4 +10 more
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow