Just picked up a canon pro 1000

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
ihbond Forum Member • Posts: 55
Just picked up a canon pro 1000

its been a while since I posted on this forum, so thought I would come back saying what a beast this pro-1000 is. Not finding it at all difficult to get excellent quality images out .

I did run into some anomalies like a icc profile causing the photoshop to only print in b&w even after reload of photoshop and the drivers. Canon said this was the first they seen, so I stumped the chump. I decided to reload the Mac OS.. no biggie, since I have had at least 4 versions of photoshop on there for various testing scenarios for different companies.

just have to say, printing with the canon\adobe pro plugins is darn close with the monitor (5k retina) calibrated. I met with some of the paper representatives from hahnemuhleusa who turned me onto this printer and there paper. I also picked up some Moab, and wow loving the saturation of the inks these prints can take on stock.

i still miss printing on noritsu/ lucht machines (wet printing subtractive & additive) but after going from wet, dye sublimiationa and now pigment..I am really enjoying this printer. Curious how this would do for Lino art..

I know for some it expensive, but if you print 17x22 and often, this a great printer.

Oh btw if you are on 5g network and setup\initiate the printer via wireless you might have to connect your computer network printer as 2.4 or connect the printer to your computer Lan or usb. Some reason it picked up that I only had 5g network on the computer and could not connect the saved\cached 2.4g to initiate the printer.

also, I have been watching jose Rodriguez you tube Chanel. Jose thanks for some of your suggestions (too many to list)..

.wow how the inkjet printing world has changed in the last 20 years in a great way...I don’t miss setting up the large printers and the old rip software I supported and setup for multiple camera stores..so much easier, right of the box..

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow