Is La ea4 realistic for a6000?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tim Crammond Contributing Member • Posts: 816
Is La ea4 realistic for a6000?

Hi. I'm considering getting a FF e mount, but for the time being just have a6000. Given the absence of IBIS, plus the light loss from the translucent mirror, is the la ea4 useful on this camera? I have a lot of a-mount glass, having owned 3 SLT cameras. My a77II is impressive in many ways, but high ISO isnt its strongest point. By comparison the a6000 is good, but how much of that advantage would disappear?

I do general, varied photography, but no sports. The most demanding work might be some 300mm bird photography, but even here I  very rarely use lock-on continuous AF, so I'm not overly concerned about the limited AF of the adapter, just being forced into higher ISO in general.  Anyone find the a6000 still a decent performer with the adapter, especially at longer focal lengths (I've mostly used it with shorter primes, especially  the Sigma 30mm f2.8.)?

Thanks

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow