Is La ea4 realistic for a6000?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tim Crammond Contributing Member • Posts: 756
Is La ea4 realistic for a6000?

Hi. I'm considering getting a FF e mount, but for the time being just have a6000. Given the absence of IBIS, plus the light loss from the translucent mirror, is the la ea4 useful on this camera? I have a lot of a-mount glass, having owned 3 SLT cameras. My a77II is impressive in many ways, but high ISO isnt its strongest point. By comparison the a6000 is good, but how much of that advantage would disappear?

I do general, varied photography, but no sports. The most demanding work might be some 300mm bird photography, but even here I  very rarely use lock-on continuous AF, so I'm not overly concerned about the limited AF of the adapter, just being forced into higher ISO in general.  Anyone find the a6000 still a decent performer with the adapter, especially at longer focal lengths (I've mostly used it with shorter primes, especially  the Sigma 30mm f2.8.)?

Thanks

Tim Crammond's gear list:Tim Crammond's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a6000 Sony a77 II
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow