3rd party flash help

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eagle430s Regular Member • Posts: 219
3rd party flash help

About a year ago I bought a meike600 flash for my canon body to use it  as an on camera backup flash in case my canon ex600 flash failed during an event. It suited me because it had ettl and it could also be used as a master/slave unit off camera with my canon ex 600 flash. it was also cheap...The bad things:

I could never get a spot on exposure with on camera e ttl ,,a lot of times it was too bright and I had to go to -2/3 of power and try to balance f stop etc. also the flash was too bright and it was giving a more white/colder colour temp.  I used it on both my canon 6d and 80d bodies but had the same result. A few days ago it broke and as with many Chinese products you never find any parts so it went to the dust bin

I am trying to find a better 3rd party flash to buy now for the same purpose..the only thing it changed is that I sold my 80d and bought a 5d mark iv ( I still own my 6d body) and also my canon ex 600 rt flash

I came across the godox tt685c that can work both wireless and on camera and it also has ettl function. I don't know if that would be a better choice and I will not have the issues I had with my meike flash ? also if anybody knows will it work on camera with my 5d mark iv?

Also are there any other 3rd party flashes to consider? It suits me because I don't want to spend too much money for a backup flash but it also gives me the chance to be able to have it off camera as well

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow