LR Classic performance awful since last upgrade

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DotCom Editor Veteran Member • Posts: 7,203
LR Classic performance awful since last upgrade

Running LR CC Classic on Win 10 Pro with 24GB RAM. (1.5TB of free space on C: where the LR catalog resides; 22TB free space on the mapped QNAP NAS where the photos reside)

Performance has never, ever, ever been an issue — until now. Since the most recent upgrade to LR Classic CC 7.2, performance is awful, abysmal, an utter abomination. Brush strokes, printing, importing, renaming, pretty much anything. Each takes seemingly forever. I've done these operations thousands of times before with no delays.

I've been sitting here with a very simple print job (two different 5x7-inch images on one 8.5x11-inch sheet) that has been processing for 15 minutes. Ridiculous. Even a reboot makes no difference.

Another issue is when viewing contents of a folder in library grid view, attempting to open an image in the Develop module yields nothing but a blank workspace window. The image never loads, the develop module panels (basic, tone curve, etc.) stay grayed out. The only fix is to quit and restart LR, and keep doing that each time I try to load a different image. This never occurred before.

Positively horrendous and unacceptable. Opinions? Suggestions?

DotCom Editor's gear list:DotCom Editor's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow