Is my new X-E2s battery underperforming, and should I get a Fuji or Watson?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AMSOS Regular Member • Posts: 390
Is my new X-E2s battery underperforming, and should I get a Fuji or Watson?

My new X-E2s battery is slightly depressed on both sides. When I run my finger from one end to the other I can feel it's not completely flat like say the battery of my old Oly E-M10. Is this something others have noticed with their NP-W126 batteries?

I know from reviews that the Fuji battery backup is not great, but I am wondering partly due to the above mentioned reason if I have an older underperforming battery? Does it make sense to try and have B&H replace it?

In any case I am planning to get a 2nd backup battery and 1) will the Fuji charger supplied with the camera charge the Watson as well as the newer NP-W126 S batteries?

2) Should I get the NP-W126 S over the Watson? I know opinions are divided on this one and in general Watson seems fine for a light user like me.

But I am specifically planing to try out night photography on a mini tripod during my travels and wonder if the Watson will perform as well with extended exposures.

Thanks!

AMSOS's gear list:AMSOS's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Fujifilm X-E2S Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E2S Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow