Panasonic G9 and Olympus EM1 II Control Dials and Auto ISO

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
simp1yamazn Forum Member • Posts: 97
Panasonic G9 and Olympus EM1 II Control Dials and Auto ISO

Hi everyone, I have question regarding the control dials on the G9 and EM1 II. I currently have a Panasonic G85 and usually shoot in aperture or SS priority. I set the front dial to SS/aperture and rear dial to Exposure Comp.

My understanding is that there are 3 customizable control dials on the G9 (front/rear top dials and back thumb dial). My question is this:

On the G9 in manual mode, can i set the the top dials to ss and aperture, rear thumb dial to exposure comp, and use auto ISO? Basically, I would like to have full control over SS and aperture and use auto ISO while still being able to adjust exposure comp in challenging lighting situations. The camera would adjust ISO to follow my exposure comp setting.

For the Olympus, I know that there are only 2 control dials but it does have the 2x2 lever which, according to the DPReview article, sounds like what I'm looking for:

"The dial function option lets you define the function of each dials for both positions of the lever for each shooting mode (which includes movie mode) as well as the menu. The list of settings that can be assigned to each dial includes options such as program shift, exposure comp (which will allow for easy exposure compensation using Auto ISO in manual stills mode), flash exposure comp, ISO, white balance and color temperature."

simp1yamazn's gear list:simp1yamazn's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow