EVF blackout in burst shooting with X-T20

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
George Pierre Junior Member • Posts: 29
EVF blackout in burst shooting with X-T20

I have been using a Nikon D500/200-500 kit solely for birding with great results.

I use an X-T20 for general photography. I have occasionally used this camera with the XF 55-200 lens for birding; but I have a lot of difficulty following erratic movements of birds due to the blackout lag in burst shooting.  Even with a 7X7 zone I often lose the bird after the second or third sequence in the burst.  Of course with the optical viewfinder in the Nikon, the task is much easier and much more successful.

I have read on other posts that the lag time on the latest Fuji cameras are very short and most posters have no complaints. I would like to hear from others before I contemplate purchasing the XF 100-400 lens, (and perhaps selling my Nikon kit).

Except for the lag, the EVF is great because of WYSIWYG with respect to exposure, white balance.

george

Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow