I chose the iPad Pro over a new Lap Top

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Terry Breedlove
Terry Breedlove Senior Member • Posts: 1,215
I chose the iPad Pro over a new Lap Top

I have a new 5 k iMac that does most of my image processing right now. My old MacBook and iPad are getting retired and so I went to the Apple store to look around for a replacement. Started playing with the new iPad pro 12.9 inch screen and wow . It is so fast and the screen is so gorgeous. It has the same battery life of my old iPad 4 generation so that is great news for me because I use my Laptop and iPad for travel. Well that is no longer the case I just ordered a new iPad Pro with 256 gigs of memory. I will work with 4 k video and processing images from my iPhone 7 plus and Olympus Pen F. I played with a few 4k videos and large image files at the store and was blown away with the power and speed.  I must confess most of my Landscape work is done with medium and large format film cameras. I make prints in the darkroom at home.  Most of my digital images are for social media and an occasional print. Nothing high dollar pro studio.  I am intrigued with the power of this new baby and will make some black and white and color images to share online and as a test print a couple large sizes. I want to see how everything works out. I will shoot raw files and processing those on the new iPad. Super thankful that we now have that capability.

Terry Breedlove's gear list:Terry Breedlove's gear list
Nikon D2X Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +4 more
Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow