Which Camera Best For Wedding/Portrait/Street/Landscape

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gunwhi New Member • Posts: 1
Which Camera Best For Wedding/Portrait/Street/Landscape

I have in mind the Canon 6d, Canon 80d, Sony a7ii, and GH5/GH4.

I was recently asked to shoot my friend's future wedding knowing I want to do photography and figured he could save money without hiring a professional.

With that in mind and also I like to shoot landscape and street, but have been trying to get into portrait, what would be the best camera? I also love to shoot at night so having less noise would be great too.

If I got either canons, I would probably get a 24mm f2.8 USM or 35mm f2 as my first lens.

For the sony a7ii either the kit 28-70mm or a 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8 to go along with it.

And the gh5 I haven't decided on a lens but was just a thought as I did like the gh4.

I'm torn between which camera to choose.

My main platform would be instagram however my friend does want a large enough print to hang on his wall in his new home.

My concerns:

1. The 6d was released in 2012 and I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between the 'new tech' in the 80d.

2. gh5 is more video orientated but I did see a professional on youtube take a video and then just capture a screenshot of one of the videos as a picture, does this really work well?

3. the colors on sony. I do like the colors on canon more. And also i had the a6000 and the battery life was awful.

Thanks for your time and responses!

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow