Your favorite printing paper and technique...and why.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gary payne Contributing Member • Posts: 866
Your favorite printing paper and technique...and why.

Hey Pro (or obsessed amateur) Photographers...

We don't discuss this much in this forum but a lot is happening in the realm of photo printing.  Finer quality inkjet printers, metal prints, "dream" prints and a huge selection of fine art papers are on the market.

I've had some luck with metal prints (aluminum fused with special inks) and my customers like the temperature and humidity tolerance, the stability of the inks and (sometimes) high gloss but I'm not very impressed with the sharpness or color accuracy and the dynamic range seems to be curtailed as well.

The metal prints don't require protective glass/plastic/coating shields, so that makes up a little for its drawbacks.  But...I'm not sure what to try next.

Has anyone weaved his/her way through the maze of papers, rags and protective coatings etc to a conclusive choice?  Please tell us before we spend two years and a small fortune trying to figure it out.

Gary Payne

gary payne's gear list:gary payne's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic G85 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow