2nd 5D4, or add a C100 Mk II?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JerryriggedTECH
JerryriggedTECH Contributing Member • Posts: 716
2nd 5D4, or add a C100 Mk II?

For video, I currently have a 5D4 and an A6500. I also shoot photography with the 5D4 and a couple of 6Ds, (original version). I'm going to be doing some gigs where having a 3rd camera is sort of needed (doc edits at weddings). I have used a 6D as a 3rd cam before, but the video is pretty crappy.  I really like everything I read about the C100 Mark II, but it costs just as much as a new 5D4 would cost!  Since I do both photo and video, I'm thinking that maybe a 2nd 5D4 would be the better option.

Pros for the C100 II:

-  DPAF (center of frame only), no video time limit, built in ND, efficient codec, writing to dual cards at the same time, flip out LCD.

Cons for the C100 II:

-  Not a photo camera, 1080p only,

Pros for the 5D4:

-  DPAF (fully functional), equal or superior 1080p quality, 4K, excellent photo camera.

Cons for the 5D4:

-  Time limit on recordings, no built in ND,

I'm not really looking to move away from Canon as I have a large selection of L-Glass, and all of my photography is Canon.  I love the A6500 for Gimbal work, but if I move more into Sony or Panasonic, I'll have to add lots of new glass.

Appreciate any thoughts on best next option for me to expand video with EF mount.

JerryriggedTECH's gear list:JerryriggedTECH's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a6500 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Canon EOS 6D Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow