EM5 or EM10 (yeah I know this gets asked a lot!)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DanBichener Regular Member • Posts: 155
EM5 or EM10 (yeah I know this gets asked a lot!)

Evening all, I’d like your opinions please.

Background - I have a dslr that satisfies most of my needs but am now looking for a walk about camera that I can keep with me and chuck in my pocket.

My intention for the camera is to shoot street and any spur of the moment stuff the piques my interest. Having done plenty of research I’ve narrowed it down to the Olympus OMD EM5 and the EM10. Secondhand they are pretty much the same price so I need your help in deciding which one.

key info -

Not sure how important weather sealing is as I probably won’t be shooting in the pouring rain

Ergonomics are fairly important, if buttons are awkward to access it’ll annoy me

I expect I’ll shoot in low light at times so will 3 axis IS be sufficient

I’ll be shooting with the vf to my eye and from the hip using the lcd - are there any real world benefits to the improved res evf and lcd of the EM10

cheers

DanBichener's gear list:DanBichener's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C +4 more
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow