Is it just me, but I really can not distinguish images from one brand to another.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
chopsteeks Senior Member • Posts: 1,395
Is it just me, but I really can not distinguish images from one brand to another.

I am an 'old-timer' of sorts as my background is strongly influenced by 'film' technology. I have used film from Minox, Holga all the way to 4x5 systems.

I am currently using 80% digital now, long time Olympus user now trying out my hands on Sigma Quattro SD camera with 30mm lens.

Now to my point......

I have been studying different digital camera systems from different manufacturers, but upon looking at hundreds, if not thousands of images from different camera brands, I am quite challenged to really distinguish one image made by one brand to another.

Am I in the ballpark with this observation ?

Now with film, I can easily distinguish one film from another quite easily. Perhaps this is due to the fact that I used film for much longer time than digital.

BTW, I recently purchased a 'used' Sigma Quattro SD with 30mm lens as I wanted to try the Foveon processor. I have not used this system enough to be able to find out the pros and cons of a Foveon digital chip.

Thank you.

Mods, if this thread is inappropriate, please delete.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow