Phones with Black and White / Monochrome Sensor (b+w secondary sensor for b&w photography)

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Timmbits
Timmbits Contributing Member • Posts: 613
Phones with Black and White / Monochrome Sensor (b+w secondary sensor for b&w photography)

I'm looking to buy a phone that has a monochrome secondary sensor, for better black & white photos.

Could you guys share your experiences, using phones with Black+White sensor. (I mean of course, without the bayer filter)

I'd like to know what models are out there, and if they are recommended or not, and give your reason(s) why.

I'd say considerations are: image quality, price, interface (photography controls).

I am aware of the Moto G5S Plus, and the more expensive Huawei* models, but would like to know if I am missing any. Although the G5S Plus is a reasonable $250 right now, there may be some (better) models to consider that are from a couple years back that have come down in price.

* I almost bought a huawei honor 8, when I found out that you get no access to just the monochrome sensor on that one (always only used to enhance color photos), and today I read about the security risks, which are a concern to me.

Timmbits's gear list:Timmbits's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow