Experience with LensRentals "Keeper" program?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
l_d_allan
OP l_d_allan Veteran Member • Posts: 5,058
Re: Experience with LensRentals "Keeper" program?

RCicala wrote:

I try not to talk business too much on here, but since these are reasonable things to wonder about . . . . .

Thanks for "a peek behind the curtains" and some of "the rest of the story".

I'll confess to being something of a LensRentals "fan boy".

FWIW:
I signed up for the HD $99 annual pre-paid delivery to-and-from. This retired hobby'ist volunteer on a budget is having Big Fun trying out possible purchases (Sony FE 85mm and Sigma 135mm portrait lenses so far).

I've also pre-arranged upcoming years with discounts for week-long paid gig for a concert event to have a super-telephoto to better "reach out and touch" soloists and duets from a relatively distant balcony.

About 180° pano, with stage about 40+ yards away from balcony. 70-200mm zoom requires a LOT of cropping to give any perceived isolation on the soloist.

And without the overhead of postage to and from, it's easier to financially justify trying out exotic equipment like a Canon 17mm tilt-shift for another road trip

360° pano of grain elevators in western Kansas

l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +28 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow