Gorgeous J in the pool

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
FrankZayas Regular Member • Posts: 230
Re: Gorgeous J in the pool

Lovely model in a nice setting. I love the blue of the water as the background.  I agree with other comments though.  The heart needs to either go completely or needs to be desaturated and have the opacity turned down.  Everything else in the shot is blue tones and that red sticks out like a sore thumb.  My eye is dragged aay from the model to that heart over and over again.

Also not crazy about the crop.  You are cutting her off at an uncomfortable spot.  If this can't be full length for some reason, at least go mid-thigh or even lower to where her legs starts to taper down to her knees.  A good rule is to never crop at joints.

Lastly, that pole is very distracting to me also.  It does not need to be in this shot.  Its the one thing in the image that is obtrusive and not pleasing to the eye.  When my eye is not going to the heart, its being drawn to that rail.  Get her away from it, pose her naturally and you've got a winner.

FrankZayas's gear list:FrankZayas's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow