10-24 as Travel Lens in Vietnam

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JimMoyer
JimMoyer Regular Member • Posts: 118
10-24 as Travel Lens in Vietnam

Many folks on the forum offered helpful suggestions on travel lens selection for a group trip to Vietnam.  In the end, I used a Sony RX100M5 on the bicycle, and when walking used the X-T2 with the 10-24.  The 10-24 never left the camera body, although I had the 23/2 as a bad weather alternative.

I was pleased with the results.  Walking with a group, you have to shoot fast -- everyone else is walking quickly with an iPhone.  Tripods were out of the question.

I am attaching three indoor shots at Buddhist sanctuaries, all taken with the 10-24.  The one with the emerald Buddha was shot underground at 1/40, ISO 6400, 10mm at f/5.6.  I thought the OIS came through for me.  Shooting for maximum IQ would have required a tripod, which was not acceptable to the religious environment.

All these were shot in Dalat, Vietnam.

-- hide signature --

Jim Moyer
"Not all who wander are lost."

JimMoyer's gear list:JimMoyer's gear list
Sony RX100 V Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS +4 more
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow