eBay shipping trend

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Schrodingers_cat Senior Member • Posts: 1,010
eBay shipping trend

Although calling it a trend is kinda misleading.  More like several instances of bad luck on my part.

I've received three packages recently, all small items, all from different Japanese sellers, all of which arrived damaged because they were shipped in paper envelopes.

One thickness of bubble wrap is just not adequate to protect something like a Hasselblad focusing screen.

As these things are pretty expensive, one would think that sellers would be more concerned about safe delivery, but instead they went for cheap.

Not that I lost any money.  Two took their stuff back and refunded the money without question.  Only one tried to convince me it was my problem to get an insurance settlement from the shipper.  Ebay refunded me on that one and he can argue with them.

The thing is, other than the one guy who wanted to make it my problem, if they immediately own the mishap and refund the money, should they get good feedback based on that taking of responsibility or bad feedback for being stupid enough to ship a piece of glass in a paper envelope?

What say you?

-- hide signature --

"Good judgement is generally the result of experience. Experience, unfortunately, is generally the result of bad judgement" - attributed to a whole bunch of folks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow