RX10iv first impressions

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
GEwart Regular Member • Posts: 384
RX10iv first impressions

I know this is more of the same here but just another opinion, so here goes.

My RX10 iv arrived last Thursday, UK stock I paid the full list price, the box was securely sealed with Sony sticky tape. The camera is chunkier and heavier than I was expecting never having handled or even seen one before, certainly massive compared to my RX100v. I put the battery in the camera and switched on : dead. I'd bought a Sony spare battery and that was the same so had to wait an 1hr or so before shooting. Images appear to have more depth and seem marginally more detailed compared to the RX100v to my eyes, the camera performs better than I expected in poor light, jpeg's SOOC are as with my RX100v excellent.

Anyone buying this camera for stills alone will be acutely missing the beautiful video it takes and this is the first camera I've owned where the IS works really effectively with hand helded video.

These pictures are jpeg's SOOC with a little added sharpening and lighting adjustments.

GEwart's gear list:GEwart's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony RX10 IV
Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow