X-H1 OIS - any benefit with telephoto zooms?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mbike999
mbike999 Regular Member • Posts: 227
X-H1 OIS - any benefit with telephoto zooms?

As someone who uses the X-T2 exclusively with the 50-140 (lately I shoot MFT for everything else), I'm curious if there is any predicted advantage of the X-H1 with regard to image stabilization with the long telephoto zooms. The main marketing material seems to discuss non-stabilized lenses like the 56 1.2 and 35 1.4.

As I understand it, the way the OIS system works in the X-H1 does rely on the camera OIS to some extent over the lens OIS. The Olympus and Panasonic long telephoto lenses when combined with newer bodies generally offer about an extra stop of stabilization by utilizing dual in-body and lens IS.

This is not to undermine the great stabilization of the 50-140 by itself, I'm just curious because there hasn't been much talk on the fuji side about any added benefits while using the 50-140 or 100-400 telephoto zooms.

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow