5D Mark 4 problems with Godox Xpro-C and X1T-C

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
baldfox
baldfox New Member • Posts: 21
5D Mark 4 problems with Godox Xpro-C and X1T-C

Hey guys, wondering if you can help. I've had to put my pocket wizard set up on sale, having stepped up to a 5D Mark IV (from a III) given they're not compatible, and quite frankly am not prepared to pour any more money into the PW system.

I bought instead a Godox Xpro-C and an X1T-C. I powered these up expecting the world to change, and i cannot for the life of me get these to work. I put the Xpro-C in the hotshoe, and immediately can access the flash functions in the camera menu (although on screen it stays under Gr as opposed to TTL or M). On the X1T-C i tried it with both a 580 ex II and a 430 ex II but neither can communicate with the XproC.
If i press the status button, i can make the flash go off, but it seems to not sync with the controller.

I have tried both on channel 1, both on channel 2. I've turned on ID so it was all on 0001 (including the camera), and also turned the ID off. I've tried HSS mode, 2nd curtain etc, nothing seems to make this flash fire. I even took the camera out of the equation and hand held the Xpro to see if i could just press the test button to get a signal out of the remote flash but nothing.

Anyone have any experience with them ? I updated the firmware on all units (inc 5D4 to the latest).

I feel like maybe there's a really simple step am missing, or i have a unit that's not working properly.

thx

Andy

baldfox's gear list:baldfox's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +18 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow