Photographers Gloves

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
NotASpeckOfCereal Contributing Member • Posts: 812
Photographers Gloves

I had a shoot today, high north winds and low temps on the water, very cold. This was a sports / action shot where I needed to move a lot and rotate a big lens on a tripod tracking windsurfers. I need to zoom, focus, actuate the shutter, rotate a lens at the collar, all the things you need fingered gloves for.

My fingers froze with the gloves I had. Whatever shooting I did was bad because my fingers felt so miserable. I left before I wanted to because the chemical hand warmers in my jacket pocket just weren't enough (and you're not shooting when your hands are there).

I have much better gloves which I use for cold nights doing astrophotography when you occasionally need fingers, but not like today's shoot.

Does anyone have any recommendations for fingered gloves with dexterity that keeps the fingers from freezing?

Alternatively: has anyone ever done anything like full-on mittens with a remote trigger inside of them?

Thanks much!

Chris

NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list:NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow