KJinPA - new here and new to "real" photography

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KenJinPA New Member • Posts: 2
KJinPA - new here and new to "real" photography

So glad to find this forum! I am an amateur birder and an amateur photographer. In 2015 I made a trip to Ireland and asked an avid photographer and co-worker of mine for a decent P&S that I could purchase for the trip. At his recommendation I picked up the FZ70.

I am headed to Alaska in June and over the last year or so started birding again. Now that I want to take pictures (instead of just look through binoculars) I find that this camera has way more settings than I knew about! I'd be willing to pay a little for a course if it would help me get the most out of it. In the meantime, are there some basic settings I can save in C mode that will work 90% of the time?

To show you how stupid I was - I thought "A" mode was automatic - doh! Here are some pictures taken today in that A mode:

Red-winged Blackbird in A mode

Eastern Phoebe in A mode

American Robin in A mode

And one from last week - and that redhead was a long ways away!

Faraway Redhead!

Any suggestions - add on equipment, recommended settings, etc. greatly appreciated!!

Ken

KenJinPA's gear list:KenJinPA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow