Question about file uploading for best quality

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rwbaron Forum Pro • Posts: 13,006
Question about file uploading for best quality

Hello,

I'm a long time DPR member who routinely uploads image files to my gallery. I've not been able to figure out what the best way is to size an image file to get the best representation when viewing the "original". If I upload a 6000x4000 pixel file that was sized in Photoshop it doesn't matter if I set the resolution at 120 or 240 pixels/inch as the file always looks the same when I click on "original" and it's larger, less sharp and has more grain than the file does viewed in either PS or LR at 100%. The file rendering on this site as the "original" appears closer to the size and quality in PS or LR at 200% on my MacBook Pro Retina 15, not 100%.

Can someone explain the best way to size and format a file for best viewing when looked at as the "original" as I've not been able to figure it out.

Thanks,

Bob

-- hide signature --
 rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow