Two studio-strobe problem with Nikon D750

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shuttrfingr Regular Member • Posts: 229
Two studio-strobe problem with Nikon D750

I recently received a 2-strobe kit, namely two Metz BL-400s, and I've tried to set them to trigger optically using the D750 built-in flash in commander mode (CMD). Specifically, in the D750 Custom Menu setting e3, I've set the built-in flash to CMD and to '--' so that only the pre-flash fires and not the actual flash. But doing this only triggers one of the strobes, not both.

I realize that probably nobody here has a D750/BL-400 combo, but does anybody with any other 2-strobe brand that has been set up to trigger optically in this way by the D750 had a similar problem? If so, how do you fix this without having to buy wireless transmitters or use a sync cable?

Shuttrfingr's gear list:Shuttrfingr's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Nikon D750 Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow