South African Safari and the missing Leica

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Turner855 New Member • Posts: 23
South African Safari and the missing Leica

I'm off on my Honeymoon / 1st wedding anniversary in May and the first 4 nights are a safari about hour away from Port Elizabeth. Second week will be spent in Mauritius, relaxing, supposedly, but we're on the doorstep of the national park so I somehow doubt we'll be sitting round all day!

I'm trying to plan my gear now, so that if I do decide to get anything else I have sometime to have a play and get used to it.

My original plan, having just acquired a GX80 to replace my G5 was GX80 + Panasonic 100-400mm and my GH3 with a Panasonic 35-100mm 2.8 and probably throw in the GM5 + Panasonic 15mm and Olympus 9-18mm, which my Wife will probably carry, along with her D600.

I don't currently own a 35-100mm but it's been on my wishlist for a while, I'll probably end up getting one off ebay. I would like to upgrade my GH3 though to the G9 preferably, but only if it drops in price between now and us going. Potentially, I may go for the G80.

I do also have of the Panasonic 45-200 II which then got me thinking, where is the Pana-Leica 50-200mm 2.8-4? I know the Pana-Leica 200mm wasn't expected so has it somehow become that instead? I'd love to take the 200mm but the price is far too high for me currently.

Sorry I ended up waffling on a bit their, ultimately, what I'm trying to do though is make sure I have the right lenses for the job, plus it's a once in a lifetime experience so why not! Anyone got any thoughts?

Turner855's gear list:Turner855's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus E-M1 II +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow