I ordered an X-H1 becasue...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Jim Radcliffe Forum Pro • Posts: 11,813
I ordered an X-H1 becasue...

I currently own and use the X-T1 and X-E2. Probably reason enough right there.

When the news broke that the X-H1 was real and would be available in March I decided to preorder for the following reasons.

1. I actually wanted a slightly larger X-T1 and had passed on the X-T2. The X-H1 provides the larger form factor I desired and is not HUGE as some have stated. The sky is not falling because of an incremental increase in size.
  2. Larger sensor than the X-T1 and X-E2.. a little more resolution is nice.
  3. Better AF
  4. Better EVF
  5. IBIS because I do a lot of hand held work in low light.
  6. Better rear LCD including the portrait mode
  7. Although I rarely shoot video the X-H1 will provide enough video capability for me when I do shoot video. I don't Vlog and I do, on occasion, shoot video so the fact that the X-H1 does not compete or lead the pack of the top mirrorless cameras such as Panasonic, Sony or Canon... it is of no real importance to me. What it offers in the way of video is more than adequate for my needs.
  8. I own eight Fuji lenses (12mm Rokinon, 18mm, 23mm, 35mm, 56mm, 18-55mm, 16-50mm and 50-200mm) some will benefit from IBIS.. that is welcome.
  9. I almost decided to switch to Sony but after a bit of soul searching and a commonsense talk with myself I decided to stay with Fuji, a system that works extremely well and provides me with the features I desire in a camera. Doing so saves me from buying into a new system and glass.
  10. Last but not least.. I truly enjoy shooting with Fuji more than any camera I have ever owned (Canon, Pentax, Panasonic, Leica).

Do I have any doubts about my decision to order the X-H1? Of course, anytime a new camera arrives there are always those questions in the back of one's mind as to whether the camera will live up to the hype and our own personal needs and satisfaction. That is why I always buy from companies with good and fair return policies.

Why not wait for the X-T3? Well, good question. Truth is there is little known about the X-T3 with lots of speculation and rumors. I will take the bird in the hand now and consider the X-T3 when it exists in fact and its full capabilities are known. In the meantime I need something a little better than the X-T1 and the X-H1 is the only Fuji option at the moment that checks off the most boxes for me.

I know the pitch is that the X-H1 is aimed at video guys but based on the specs I have read and the reviews I have watched online (lots of them) that is true but if I ignore the video aspect of the X-H1 I actually have what I wanted... a larger, more hand friendly version of the X-T2 with additional enhancements.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
Gear is not the answer.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow