Godox V860 TTL vs. Manual output

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 11,685
Godox V860 TTL vs. Manual output

Question for users of Godox flashes.  Can you confirm my experience or identify what I may have set wrong?

I'm testing the power output of the V860 flash in manual mode vs. TTL mode.  The camera itself is the X-T2.  I have it set to full manual using the 16-55 lens at f/9 and the camera set to 1/200 shutter speed.  ISO 200.

The flash was either in TTL mode (no compensation) or in manual mode at full (1/1) power.

The power output from the flash was 2 to 3 stops stronger when in TTL mode than in manual full power.  I don't get this.  I had a properly exposed photo when in TTL.  The manual flash shot was around 3 stops underexposed.  You could also visually tell when the flash fired that the TTL flash was much stronger than the manual mode flash (1/1) power.

I really don't get what's going on here.  Is full power manual on Godox really not full power?  Or what am I missing here?

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E +23 more
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow