Instax SP-1 Frustrations

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
DogShot Contributing Member • Posts: 606
Instax SP-1 Frustrations

I gave a Fuji Instax SP-1 printer to my daughter a couple of years ago, thinking she would love it for her iPod pics. She stopped using it after a little while, so I adopted it; and I just can't get a decent photo from it. The internet is full of praise for this thing, but mine appears to have 0 dynamic range. Skin is always completely blown out, and if I reduce exposure, everything else is completely black.

I have attached two photos as examples. First, the photos as they came from the X-T20: I sent them to my phone and then uploaded to DPR from Photos. The iPhone pic is of the two Instax prints that went directly from the X-T20 to the SP-1.

Any suggestions? At first I thought maybe my film was expired, so I got a new batch and printed these photos immediately after opening the package. User error? Defective unit? Unrealistic expectations? I would just like some prints from this thing that aren't ugly, or where a person's eyes aren't black dots in a white void.

Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow