Is A7II worth buying over A7? (manual lenses)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lkorica
lkorica New Member • Posts: 2
Is A7II worth buying over A7? (manual lenses)

Hello,

I am seriously planing to go from the A6000 to FF. So far the A6000 has proven to be a really competent little APS-C camera. But I am mostly using vintage manual lenses on it, since most E mount lenses are still expensive, and the crop factor really makes them, in some cases, unusable. Because there is so much room you can back up while using them on a crop body.

So I am planning on selling the A6000 with the kit lens for around 500€, and investing 200€ more to make a jump to a FF body. That gives me the total budget of around 700€. Currently the price of a regular A7 is around 630€ and the A7II goes for about 860€-900€.

I am particularly keen on having IBIS on a camera body since manual lenses are much cheaper, and are still good for the price, and that would effectively make them stabilized. I mostly shoot handheld so the stabilization feature might enable me to shoot at 1/30 maybe even lower, depending on the IBIS and the lens. Also i do a lot night photography, and the A7II has slightly better ISO performance than the A7.

My questions are as follows. Does the A7II's IBIS make a huge difference with manual lenses? And is that price difference justified? And should i wait for the possible announcement of the A7III on the CP+ with the hope that the A7II drops in price and than go for it?

Thanks in advance for the responses. 

lkorica's gear list:lkorica's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow