Using on-camera flash advice please

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PaulinUK99999
PaulinUK99999 Regular Member • Posts: 331
Using on-camera flash advice please

might seem a bit of a strange request as I've long used my Sony 77 Mk II and HVL-F60M flash both standalone and in conjunction with my studio flash.

But I have a sudden confidence issue - I have a been asked (last minute) to stand in for a photographer tomorrow who is sick to take some award pics at work!, Confidence isn't usually an issue, but for some reason I'm finding myself feeling am out of practice with the combo. Worse I am probably guilty of too many bad habits so though would reach out to the forum.

Going to spend today practicing, but anyone have what settings work best for them? I find I must set something wrong as in the past lots of shots seemed dark or over exposed. I don't have the same problems when using it combined with my studio gear. I'm happy for everything to be "auto everything" tomorrow if need be!

I suspect there will be a need for the typical waist upwards shots with 2-5 people in being presented with awards, plus a couple of group pics with maybe 200 folk.

grateful for any insight,

Paul

PaulinUK99999's gear list:PaulinUK99999's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony a7 III Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow