Which one is better X-E3 or X-T20 only for Photography.

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
KwhyChang Veteran Member • Posts: 5,927
Re: Which one is better X-E3 or X-T20 only for Photography.

st11x wrote:

KwhyChang wrote:

The E3 has a joystick which is cool until I realized that touching the touchscreen is faster and easier to use....for me. You have to update the firmware on the T-20 but then you can do that while looking through the EVF.

I am curious about this. I had the opportunity to test a T20 and was expecting to use the touchscreen to change the focal point when I had my eyes up against the EVF but I found out that it is not supported.

The description for the new firmware doesn't say anything about enabling this, so I presumed it wouldn't happen? Can you touch and drag on the E3 when using the EVF?

thanks
Matt

Touching and dragging is sort of how it works...while holding the camera to my eye, I touch on the screen to focus. But if there is something on the far left of the screen (I'm right eyed) just like with a mouse or touchpad I pick up my finger and drag from right to left because my face blocks part of the screen.

edit... I forgot to say that on the right side of the touchscreen is an icon to enable the different types of use and you set that to AF, not shot or off.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow