C&C Sister and her new car

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
bookz Forum Member • Posts: 61
C&C Sister and her new car

Probably could post this elsewhere but I'm intimidate by the pro level shots on the people forum so I thought I'd try here.  I wanted to take some photos of my sister with her new car in the snow today.

It was a impromptu so I didn't ask her to move her car to a less busy background.  I was hoping I could get some blur with my 55-200mm at f4. I used aperture priority, auto iso with 1/125 min. shutter.  The background is still a little too busy for me.  Also at the sacrifice of iso would using a faster shutter to freeze the snow been a good idea.  I find the blurry flakes slightly distracting.  I attempted to add some blur in affinity photo but my skills are definitely not there yet and it looks overcooked.  I'd rather get it right in camera.  I could have used my 40mm f2.8 for more blur maybe, but I do like the angle of the shot at 70mm.  All I did to the photo was crop and fix the white balance because auto WB was too cool in the overcast day.  The second picture is the overcooked edit.  Any pointers appreciated.

bookz's gear list:bookz's gear list
Nikon D3400 Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR II Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow