Pixma Pro 100 - Crushed Blacks

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bearded4Glory New Member • Posts: 2
Pixma Pro 100 - Crushed Blacks

Hello everyone!  I received my printer a few weeks ago and have been trying to dial in my prints ever since.  At first I thought it was a monitor issue, even though it was calibrated with an i1 Display Pro but now I have come to the conclusion that it is the printer.

I have printed the printer test image from Digital Outback Photo (http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html ) and it confirms that the blacks are getting crushed.  On the bottom left black patch ramp I am only able to see the difference between the background and 10 patch and above.  This is killing some of the detail in my shadows and really changing the look of some of my photos, a sunset for example where the land is mostly in shadow but has a lot of detail on my monitor while appearing almost completely black on the print.

I am hoping to get some suggestions on what to try next.  Here are the settings I am currently using:

• Canon Luster Paper
  • ICC Profile Canon PRO-100 <LU> 3 Photo Paper Pro Luster set in Lightroom (also tried photoshop same results)
  • Have tried Absolute Colorimetric and Relative Colorimetric rendering intent
  • Print driver is set to manual. print matching set to none

Initially I was double proofing but thanks to the advice here I have resolved that.  Hoping to get this dark clipping solved as well.

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow