Help picking lens for video (Sigma, Samyang, Sony???)

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gun98 New Member • Posts: 7
Help picking lens for video (Sigma, Samyang, Sony???)

I just bought the a6300 for video work. I am so conflicted in lens choices. I don't have a big budget and these are my options:

I'd like to have one lens, round 35mm. Initially I wanted the Samyang/Rokinon 35mm t1.5 cine. Around the same price I can also get the Sony 35mm 1.8 and slightly cheaper, the Sigma 30mm 1.4.

The Sony seems like a good all rounder since it has AF and OSS, but not as many manual controls as the Rokinon. Is it as sharp as the other two? I heared the Sigma has a terrible manual focus, I need to do focus pulls pretty often too. Does the Sony have a good manual focus ring?

Now for the second lens, I'd like a wide angle. I was thinking, the Sigma 16mm 1.4 for that. Reviews say the focusing motors are loud. I use an external mic all the time, would this still be a problem? Is there a better alternative for a wider lens at that price range.

I've been banging my head against the wall for days over this, please offer some advice.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow