Old monastery (1125 a.D.) taken with vintage fuji cam (2006 a.d.)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
babha Regular Member • Posts: 328
Old monastery (1125 a.D.) taken with vintage fuji cam (2006 a.d.)

Monastery Höglwörth (roman catholic) in south eastern Bavaria has been built around 1125 a.D. In the beginning of the 18th century though the buildings have been bought by a private beer brewery.

1675 the church was rebuilt.

The monastery is situated on a small island (now connected to land) at the pond (ok ... "tiny lake" ) of Höglwörth. There´s a fine trail around it used by a lot of nature-seeking people during the weekends. In summer it´s a pleasant place to take a swim too

Fuji F31d has become my favorite cam within no time . It´s very small and light, easy to bring really always and everywhere . Over and over again I am amazed by the wonderful jpegs it produces right out of the cam. There´s no histogram, neither in pre- nor in review. Not any kind of warning of blown highlights. Screen is good and sharp, but it´s not delivering enough DR to really get an idea, wether the very bright areas are still visible in the final image. So that needs some (more) experience. But I am glad metering and DR are good enough, to mostly trust the camera

Although I am pretty happy with the picture ... well ... some clouds are blown   ... my guessing still needs improvement 

This old passage came out pretty dark. It helped a lot to reduce contrast quite a bit in pp ... (F31fd doesn´t offer any settings for sharpness, contrast or saturation)

Don´t be surprised about the different colors. "The door" one picture up was taken one day earlier, when it´s been gray  but dry ...

Door handle of the main entrance to the church

A metal grid is preventing people from entering into the church if there´s no mass. I made it serve as a sturdy support to keep ISO down . Took the same image with different cams (X-A1, X-S1 ..) - but I prefer the F31fd photo:  very natural "translation" and beautiful rendering ...

Well, DR range of this small sensor aged cam naturally has it´s limits ... even more I have been very surprised how this scenery was captured

Hm, perhaps it´s just me who is seeing something "special" in these small cam´s images ? Maybe I want it to be good ???

-- hide signature --
 babha's gear list:babha's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow