Has Anyone Here Used the Canon 28-300 Lens

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Selene Contributing Member • Posts: 816
Has Anyone Here Used the Canon 28-300 Lens

I was envious of a friend who was using a Nikon 28-300 because she didn't have to change lenses in some pretty crummy conditions like I would have. Instead, I just used my longer lens, but couldn't always get compositions I wanted.  I had that lens when I was shooting Nikon and found it convenient though not great (my friend's photos with it have always been excellent, so I may not have been as good with it or had a copy that wasn't so good or something like that).  In any case, I have been researching the Canon version of the 28-300 and am really on the fence.  Someone loaned it to me in a workshop and it seemed good--maybe better than the Nikon, but heavy (heavier than my 100-400 II, which I sue a lot) and expensive.  I also heard a very good photographer recommend it the other night for some of the same reasons I think I would like one.  I had the previous version of the 100-400 and didn't mind the push-pull factor, so that it isn't and issue, but I am wondering if it is good enough to justify the cost and weight (the later maybe more important than the former)?

If any of you have used the lens, I would appreciate your thoughts on it. (Oh and please don't recommend a Tamron or a Sigma or any other different lens. I have a lot of lenses and don't need any more, but might consider this one).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow