How Canon Can Move On Sony-6D MKIII with 4K and 14 EV DR Locked

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
4thnebula Senior Member • Posts: 2,212
How Canon Can Move On Sony-6D MKIII with 4K and 14 EV DR

OK, I have not and will not purchase a Canon 6D MKII despite waiting many years for it to come out.  Reasons have been gone over by so many including me so no need to reiterate here.

Canon can come out with a 6D MKIII to fix this problem to where I would purchase one and it could create a lot of positive PR for Canon.  Here is all Canon has to add and modify from the current 6D MKII:

1.  Create a 24 MP sensor that can manage 14 EV DR.  The Canon 5D MKIV according to DXOmark can manage 13.6 EV DR at ISO 100 so using similar circuitry in the 6D MKIII sensor with larger pixels should get a few tenths higher EV at ISO 100 than the 5D MKIV;

2.  Add 4k FF;

3.  -here is the kicker-use the same fully articulating touchscreeb LCD.  Sony will likely not be coming out with this anytime soon so this along with points 1 and 2 would be major for Canon.

I am going to purchase the Sony a7III soon but will keep Canon lenses to use on the Sony.  Will keep my Canon lenses till this fall.  If no Canon 6D MKIII then (or equivalent mirrorless) than will be selling my Canon lenses and going fully to Sony.

Long time Canon user who wants to stay a Canon user but the decision is Canon's.

4thnebula's gear list:4thnebula's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Olympus PEN E-PL5 Sony a7 III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +6 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow