You guys are wrong and Panasonic is right... here is why.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jhunna Contributing Member • Posts: 661
You guys are wrong and Panasonic is right... here is why.

“I am not buying the GX9 because its not the next GX8” No one cares... least of all Panasonic.

Panasonic is going to sell a ton of the the GX9 because they know who they are going after. They are going after the people who were going to buy a Fuji XE3, X100F, maybe thought about the Canon GX1 M3. I have a GX85 and I bought it because it does 95% of what I want and I can carry it, and a couple of lenses, everywhere like a point and shoot.

I would have liked a GX8/LX100 hybrid a camera with 5x telephoto lens, 3.5 mike jack, etc... by that would be MY camera, and not one that would appeal to a lot of people.
For $1000, and probably less later on, you are going to get a camera with a 12-60 lens that you can use in 80% of your photographic and video situations. It does things that no other camera can in that price range and the picture quality is going to be better than the current 16mp sensor.

So who cares about the naming? Is it confusing, maybe to a few of you, but panasonic is going to make money in one of the few places where it can using off the shelf parts to create something that people want. If this helps think of the GX85 as a Chevy and the GX8 as a Cadillac, and the GX9 as a buick. Its quite a come up for the Chevy owner and a beneath the Cadillac owner. Thing is....

...there are a LOT more Chevy owners.

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 II ASPH +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow