First 3 lenses for Panasonic G9

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Smudged New Member • Posts: 16
First 3 lenses for Panasonic G9

Looking to build up a good starter lens collection for the Panasonic G9. I basically plan to start with a telephoto lens, an all-rounder lens and a fast lens for good low light (wide lens would be a plus there). Generally speaking i would like weather sealed and not noisy (good for video which is important since i will video a lot). Panasonic/Leica lenses are good for their stabilsation (big reason i went with the G9 is for excellent stabilsation).

For the telephoto lens i'll go with the Panasonic 100-400mm, it's the best one to go with really.

Looking for suggestions for an all rounder lens (small telephoto). I could get the Leica 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 which ticks many of the boxes but i heard it's quite noticable in video from 2.8 to 4.0. The Panasonic 12-35mm seems quite overpriced for what it is. Anything else i should be looking at?

A fast and possibly wide lens is the hardest one to pick since there are many options. Although not so wide, i have considered the 42.5mm Leica Nocticron lens which has fantastic 1.2, but i hear it's not weather sealed which seems a shame. The panasonic 25mm 1.7 i read can be very noisy which isn't good for video. The 12mm 1.4 lens seems good but i think doesn't have stabilsation?

So really only lens i am sure of is the 100-400mm telephoto. Advice on the other 2 would be welcomed.

Smudged's gear list:Smudged's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Panasonic 35-100mm F2.8 II
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow