Guess I'll finally stick with m43

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jose Viegas
Jose Viegas Senior Member • Posts: 1,506
Guess I'll finally stick with m43

Since I left the DSLR world back in 2013, exchanging my Canon 5D MkII and lenses for a Oly E-M5, I've been moving between different systems. I had a E-P5, a Fuji X-E1, a Sony A7II (x2), Fuji X100T (x2), Sony A7RII, Fuji X-T1, X-E2S, X-T2, X-Pro2, Pana GX80 and finally a E-M5II and a X-T20. This was until I picked one E-M1 II. I've since then sold almost everything I still had from Fuji and been returning to m43 where I'm hopping to stay for some time.

My decision was taken not because of image quality, better DR or ISO but something very important, the sensations. I know my images have now a little bit more of noise, maybe a little bit less resolution but the camera and lenses just feel good to hand and use. Be it on the city, seaside or country, I've been felling more and more comfortable with the system. If I'm walking around the city, a small bag with the 17mm + 45mm and I'm done. If I go to shoot landscapes, I carry my small backpack with the 8-18, 12-40 and 35-100 plus filters and tripod and I'm good to go. LE shots are just fun to do now. Bracket shots are also so easy to do even hand held that I don't care about DR.

So, guess I'll stay here for a while.

Some shots done since I bought the E-M1II

Jose Viegas's gear list:Jose Viegas's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 III Sony FE 28mm F2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony RX100 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow