Thinking of selling my 70-200mm II and buying a 85mm F/1.4 is

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Austin7642 Regular Member • Posts: 213
Thinking of selling my 70-200mm II and buying a 85mm F/1.4 is

For as long as I can remember, the 70-200mm II has been the quintessential lens every photographer has professed as worth having, and it's easy to see why- it is one hell of a lens optically. However, it is also very heavy and in my freelance work, I have not used it very much. I have never had an 85mm, but considering this is the first one with is, it seems like it would be a worthwhile buy to pair with a 16-35mm f/4 for general photography. I also really do not like using a flash at events, so the IS in the 85mm could give me reason to never use one again. I have also been considering buying a 100-400mm II, so if I somehow needed the versatility of the 70-200mm, I could just bump up the iso and use the 100-400mm ii. I also have a 35mm ii for low light situations, and I feel like the 85mm would pair a lot better with it than the 70-200mm. At any rate, I feel like I am talking crazy, thinking about selling my 70-200mm, so someone, talk me out of it!

Austin7642's gear list:Austin7642's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel T6s Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow