The great GX8 shutter shock calumny

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomhongkong Veteran Member • Posts: 3,596
The great GX8 shutter shock calumny

Once again I read someone referring to 'the awful shutter shock of GX8'

Many GX8 users will attest to this being nonsense.  Many forum members who have never used a GX8 believe the camera is fatally flawed as a result of the repeated nonsense claim

It is true that in certain circumstances, with certain lenses you can find shutter shock with GX8, but most owners never find it to be a problem.

To be precise:

at shutter speeds between 1/60 and 1/300, using lighter lenses like 14-140ii, you can find shutter shock when using mechanical shutter.

There is a workaround which automatically switches to electronic shutter at these shutter speeds. (but can bring rolling shutter artifacts)

I have an EM1 mk1 (actually 2 of them) which exhibits exactly the same behaviour in the basic mechanical shutter setting (but now havs a firmware update to alleviate it with a new setting)

Why is this singled out and perpetuated?  Perhaps we would have a proper GX9 if people had not unjustifiably spread this complaint about the GX8

If you have a GX8 and don't find it a problem I invite you to reply +1, if you do find it a problem please reply -1.  That way we might learn the truth.

Please don't vote if you don't use a GX8, even if you have read all about it somewhere

tom

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RnF
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow