Deleting Pirated software in a computer

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 3,226
Deleting Pirated software in a computer

Hello ladies and gentleman.

I was talking to one of my friends and the guy went out to some guy's house and installed MS Office for a few bucks.  He was telling me that while the guy that was installing the software with a USB drive, not a CD, he noticed that a bunch of stuff was being loaded or something, kind of like reading and writing stuff and that it was taking a while to load MS office.  When he told me that I freaked out and I was telling him that doesn't sound good.

What else could the installer guy be doing or installing?  My friend wants me to look into it and I already told him to delete/uninstall MS Office and buy an original new one from best buy or something.

Let's say that this guy was installing something bad in his pc, is it enough to just uninstall MS office or does he now have to get some kind of special antivirus software, and if yes which one or to do what function?

I told my friend I will look into it so here I am asking the experts because I am not a technical computer expert.

Thank you for your help.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +7 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow