Bought a OM10 for $10

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Motorazr
Motorazr Junior Member • Posts: 35
Bought a OM10 for $10

Looking on my local Craigslist last night, I came across this item offered for $10; an Olympus OM10 with a Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 and an original leather OM10 split case. The body and lens are in sketchy shape but it was just $10 and intended by me for display on a bookshelf only. It's surprisingly heavy.

The power switch moves through "ON" to a "CHECK" position which causes the red light on the face (left of the lens) to illuminate and a tiny buzzer next to the red light sounds.  I presume this to warn that either no film is loaded or an inept person is pushing buttons.  I haven't a clue what the tacked-on "Manual Adapter" is (right of the lens).  It's a cheaply made plastic bit that unplugs from a 1/8 mono jack. Anyway, at least the split-screen viewfinder is entertaining to play with for a few minutes.

I'm currently on the fence about weather to buy a second-hand OM-D E-M10 mkII or a PEN E-PL6.  To me, the E-PL6 is a step-up in build-quality from the E-PL5 while the E-PL7 has a LCD which flips forward from the BOTTOM of the camera (useless on a tripod) vs facing forward on top like the E-PL6.  I already have a VF-4 so I don't expect that I'd miss the EVF on the E-M10 II.

Thoughts or comments about either the old camera or the new ones are welcome.

OM10 with 50mm lens and leather case found on Craigslist for $10

Motorazr's gear list:Motorazr's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Olympus E-420 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 +12 more
Olympus E-PL7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-PL6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow