Lens upgrade options for 70D user

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barak Ton New Member • Posts: 14
Lens upgrade options for 70D user

I currently shoot with a Canon 70D, mainly landscape, with EF-S 10-18 and Sigma 17-50.

Probably not going to upgrade to FF and looking to improve IQ.

While I'm considering the Sigma 18-35 F1.8 as an upgrade to the Sigma 17-50 I have (appears significant), I'm also looking at a telephoto lens.

I have seen great reviews on the Canon 70-200F4 IS (also the non IS), however not sure how much resolution is obtained with this lens on a crop sensor like the 70D. Have looked at DXO and it appears there is a significant difference in sharpness with this lens between the 6D and 70D. Would like to hear real-world experiences of crop sensor users before I spend that much on a lens..,Of course if I do get it it will serve me nicely also if I move to FF.

Any other telephoto options I may consider? need the IQ to be good on the 70D. F2.8 is not that important to me as I mostly shoot landscapes on a tripod.

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow