80D or 7D II?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
1Dx4me Senior Member • Posts: 4,622
80D or 7D II?

Hello everyone,

i am interested in getting a canon aps-c camera and can't decide between the 2 cameras noted in the title of this thread. i used to have a 40D camera and loved it, i took it overseas for 5 years in very rough and dusty conditions and worked like a charm for me, never failed on me! the only aspect of 40D i didn't like was its small sensor pixel density. of course, 40D is an ancient camera compared to the newer canon aps-c cameras, hence my interest in newer models and upgrade. i do have canon 1dmk4, and 1Dx cameras as well that i enjoy using, immensely, but would like to have aps-c camera for birding for its cropping factor. therefore, i would like to ask the owners of these 2 crop cameras in particular (7D II and 80D), what do you like about them, for those who have used both, which one do you prefer the most and why? i'd appreciate your answers in advance!

1Dx4me's gear list:1Dx4me's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II +7 more
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow